NASPA Region VI Drive In Conference
“MEETING COLLEGE MEN AT THE INTERSECTIONS”
Call for Programs
Recognizing the reality that men are multidimensional beings that have a variety of intersecting identities that contribute to their recruitment and retention rates in higher education, the Men and Masculinities Knowledge Community in Region VI is proud to announce the “Meeting College Men at the Intersections Conference” to be held on February 9, 2013 at the University of Redlands.
These varied and newly-explored intersections will be the focus of a day-long opportunity to see what other colleagues are doing in the region and engage in discussions of how to serve the developmental needs of students on your campus. Sessions will cover three thematic areas:
- Research – cutting edge topics that relate to the study of college men and identity development
- Practice – find out what your colleagues are doing to support students as well as opportunities for collaboration and growth of new programs
- Getting Involved/Foundations of Masculinities work – are you new to the field of mascuilinities or considering going into higher ed and interested in this topic area? these sessions are for you!
Please submit program proposals, via email, to Anthony Keen, Region VI MMKC Representative by December 10, 2012 at 5pm. Your proposal should include:
- Which of the three thematic areas your presentation addresses (Research, Practice, or Getting Involved/Foundations of Masculinities).
- A 500-word description of your presentation.
- A 3 sentence summary of your presentation for use in the Conference program.
- Citations and any web links for anything referenced in your presentation.